Sunday, May 28, 2017

Embossy Punch Bunch Collab w/ Poetspice Week 4 Meets Stampin' Up! and Anna Griffin

Yes, I'm a lover of all types and forms of paper crafting!  My favorite brand of course is, Stampin' Up! but I have many other products from various other manufacturers in my stash.  This week I'm showing them a little love.

For this week's project I decided to try out Anna Griffin's Accordian Embossing Folders that I purchased off HSN during their all day craft day on May 9, for the embossing portion of the collab.  For the punch portion of the collab, I used my favorite punches, Stampin' Up! to create a beautiful flower.

Here is a close up of the card that I made:


Here's the actual card:



Here's a close-up of the belly band:





My TIPS when using AG Accordian Embossing Folders:


  1. If you purchased the 12 x 5-1/2" paper from AG to use specifically in her folders, measure it.  I ran two sheets thru the embossing folder and it didn't fold right and was off.  When I decided it wasn't OE (operator error),  I measured the card stock and it measured 11-7/8 x 5-1/2", NOT the required size for the folder.  
  2. If the paper cracks when folding along score lines, use two sheets as instructed and run forwards and backwards thru your machine.


My TIPS when using the Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Paste:


  1. I used the sponge in the lid, a make-up sponge and my finger and all did not give me the control I was looking for.
  2. I liked placing a small amount of the paste on my crafting mat and spritzing it with a little water and mixing and applying it with a paint brush.

Flower Instructions:

  1. With Very Vanilla card stock, punch 2 Blossom punches and one Pansy punch.
  2. With a flower shaping tool:
    1. Apply pressure along the edges of all petals
    2. Zigzag from the edge of the petals to the center
    3. Flip flower over and in a circular motion, apply pressure to the center.  This will cause the flower to get more dimension.
  3. Sponge all the edges with Crumb Cake ink.
  4. On one of the Blossom punches, snip between two petals to the center of the flower.  Apply a small bead of hot glue to the center of one petal and overlap the two, causing the punch to now be a five petal flower rather than 6.
  5. Cut a strip of Very Vanilla card stock to be 8-1/2 x 1/2".  
    1. Fold at the 4-1/4", unfold and fold in half lengthwise 
    2. Open up and cut half of the lengthwise fold to the half way fold.
    3. Fold the 1/2" side to the 4-1/4" fold and on the 1/2" side, fringe.
    4. Using a quilling tool, insert the tool into the 1/4" end and roll up.  Apply a small bead of hot glue to end to close.
    5. Fluff open the fringe.
  6. Apply a small amount of gilding paste to your craft mat.  Spritz with a little water and mix with a paint brush.  Brush on all the petals to your liking.  
  7. Take the center piece that you made in Step 5 and with the fringe side down, swipe thru the diluted gilding paste on your mat.
  8. Once dry, assemble.
  9. Fill center of flower, lower rolled portion, with wet glue (something that will dry clear).  Once filled, add Mini Prills.  Set aside to completely dry.
Check out my video for a closer look at this beautiful card:


If you are interested in Stampin' Up! products, I am a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and I would love to earn your business.  Simply click on the links below to see our current catalogs and a listing of items that are soon to be retired.  If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.  
  • Download:  2017 Occasions Catalog PDF
  • Look for the bundles and save 10%.  Interested in saving even more $$$?  Purchase the ULTIMATE BUNDLE and become a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.  Click HERE to join today.
  • Remember to use the May 2017 Hostess VIP Code =  ZVHC9FKY
  •  All VIP customers making a purchase of $50 or more  and using the Hostess VIP code above will automatically receive a SURPRISE gift from me in June 2017.
  • Please remember if your order is $150 or more, don't use the Hostess VIP code, but rather claim the Stampin' Rewards for yourself.

Make sure to check out the other EPB Gals' videos.  Here are their links:



Happy stampin'




No comments:

Post a Comment