Sunday, November 23, 2014

Stampin' Up!'s The Newborn King

One of Stampin' Up!'s new Christmas stamps for this year is title The Newborn King and I have to say that it is one of my favorites!   I love how Stampin' Up!'s stamps are absolutely beautiful all on their own.

I decided to make a simple, yet elegant card using just the stamp set, one color and one of Stampin' Up!'s foil papers.  For my first card I used Night of Navy, silver foil paper and silver embossing powder.  This is how it turned out:



I then decided to use the gold foil paper, Elegant Eggplant and gold embossing powder.  Simply beautiful!!!




Which one is your favorite?  I know which one is mine...

I also wanted to share a tip so as not to waste the foil paper.  Use your paper trimmer to cut 1/2" frame.    My foil was cut at 5-1/4" x 4".   With my foil in the portrait mode and at the bottom edge of the trimmer,  I lined it up at the 1/2" mark just right of the blade.  I then positioned the blade at 9", lowered the blade arm and cut to 12".  I then raised the blade arm, rotated the foil counter clockwise, positioned the blade at 7-3/4", lowered the blade arm and cut to 12".  Raise the blade arm, rotate counter clockwise, position the blade at 9", lower the blade and cut to 12".  Finally, raise the blade arm, rotate counter clockwise, position the blade at 7-3/4", lower the blade arm and cut to 12".  By doing this you will have a 1/2" frame and an extra piece of foil measuring 4-1/4" x 3".

Supplies used:

The Newborn King #135113
Night of Navy card stock #100867
Elegant Eggplant card stock #105126
Whisper White card stock#100730
Night of Navy ink #126970
Elegant Eggplant ink #126969
Silver Foil #132178
Gold Foil #132622
VersaMark #102283
Silver embossing powder #109131
Gold embossing powder #109129

If you need any help with your stampin' needs, please give me a call I would love to help!


2 comments:

  1. Linda, can you tell me how you made the shine marks on the trees and barn, thanks, Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen....I have a setting on my camera that makes those shine marks. Merry Christmas!

      Delete