For my St. Patrick's Day cards, I use some of my retired 2012-14 DSP Stack and I've created a quilt card. I know my sister, Diane will really appreciate this card since she is an avid quilter. If you want to amaze your friends and family, make them a quilt card too....they're super easy.
Directions for making the quilt embellishment:
- Cut two squares in colored card stock at 3" x 3"
- Cut two squares in Whisper White card stock at 1/8" smaller (2-7/8" square)than number 1
- Cut two squares out of any DSP at 2-3/4" square
- Cut number 3 squares into 1-3/8" squares
- Adhere number 2 to number 1
- Adhere layers number 5 to one another. Square layer on bottom, diamond layer on top. Or if you like, diamond layer on bottom, square layer on top, it's your choice!
- Take one number 4 square and apply a small amount of glue at one point. Apply to layer number 6 with the glued point to the left.
- Take another number 4 square, in the coordinating pattern and apply glue over the whole square and apply to the left of number 7 square.
- Continue until you have one square left.
- Apply glue to the last square and then carefully slide under the first square. At this point, add a drop of glue to the first square to secure.
- Adhere quilt embellishment to Whisper White Thick card stock, a great product when you want a sturdy card base.
I then used a 1-3/8" circle punch for the gold foil center (which is on sale this week, so check out the weekly deals...it's a great time to stock up) a Martha Stewart clover punch, punched out of Wild Wasabi and the sentiment came from MSE!, St. Patrick's Day Innies and Outies stamp set. I don't know if you're like me, but my craft room is not 100% Stampin' Up! and I felt I needed to show a little love to the non Stampin' Up! products. Check back tomorrow for a cute little St. Patty's Day treat.
If you would like to purchase any of the Stampin' Up! products I used, simply click on the item and you will be magically whisked away to my online store where you can purchase these, or any other Stampin' Up! product. When ordering, don't forget to use this month's hostess code, SBRDMGYG.